Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week 39 in Thailand

Hey Everyone!

So life is going pretty good around here in Buriram. I can't believe how quick the time is going by. It was Christmas a month ago! Wow. I am doing well. I still have my health surpisingly. The Thai food and weather have not hurt me too bad. Although it is starting to warm up a little bit this last week. I can make a few Thai dishes already. I have had some time to practice.

Monday: Pretty normal Monday. Nothing to special going on. We went out after P-Day was over and couldn't get in on any lessons.

Tuesday: The rest of the week has turned out pretty amazing. Getting some cool new investigators and teaching lessons. Elder Chapman and I are working a lot better together teaching and finding wise. I am so glad I got another transfers with him. He is way fun. Taught the usual English class again.

Wednesday: We went to Surin for our weekly Distrcit Meeting. This week it was given by the Zone leaders. It was about accountability with our investigators and over our areas. The zone leaders are great. Came home and went out to teach a couple more lessons.

Thursday: Another day with a couple of lessons. Had the usual weekly planning session. Taught one of our former investigators. He is still doing great, just no time to meet with us. Nothing else really exciting.

Friday: Another good day. The work here in Thailand I feel is just starting to take off. President Smith's vision for the mission is the anouncement of a temple in Bangkok before he is done. I believe he is done a few transfers after I am. I firmly believe that his vision will be accomplished. It is just going great here and a temple is what Tahiland really needs.

Saturday: A little less of a good day. We managed to get ourselves lost for a little while. That was fun haha. Only taught one lesson, but we did get a return appointment from it.

Sunday: A great day. Found a sweet new investigator. We were just walking by this guys house as he was watering some sand for his kids to play in. Elder Chapman stopped in mid-sentence with me and proceeded to talk with this guy. Turns out that he loves to read and we gave him a Book of Mormon and he told us he wants to be baptised and that the next time we go back he will make sure his wife is there to listen to us as well. I would call that a miracle. It was very cool :) He is going to be great.

Well that is all for this week. Love you all!

Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment