Thursday, February 24, 2011

Moving Time

Hey Everyone,

Well I am no longer in Buriram. I am now in Sisaket. Which happens to be only 3 hours away by bus. So I will let you know what this past week looked like.

Monday: A pretty normal P-Day. Elder Chapman and I cleaned the house and reorganized the furniture. Too bad I was going to be moving...oh well, the house looks way good. We were able to teach a lesson or two.

Tuesday: Well, we had our last District meeting together in Buriram. That is when I found out I was transferring to Sisaket and that Elder Campbell was transferring from Surin as well. I found out I would be companions with Elder Siripan. He is a Thai Elder from Chiang Mai. I though that was pretty cool. I finally have a Thai companion. We taught the normal English class and taught Bee afterwards.

Wednesday: Well I took a few hours to pack up all my stuff. We were able to get out and work for a few hours before having to go to the train station. I don't know why they are taking the train. It is much slower and more expensive. Oh well. So Elder Chapman went to Bangkok on the train with everyone else and then Elder Siripan was dropped off in Buriram for a bus ride in the morning.

Thursday: A nice quick 3 hour bus ride in the morning with all my stuff and I was in Sisaket. That was actually really nice to not have to go to Bangkok. But it was sad too. I didn't get to see all of my friends at the transfers meeting. It was a good day of planning, working, teaching 3 lessons and all that good stuff. They have some good investigators. Oh yeah and this used to be the ZL's area. Sisaket has 4 Elders total in the city. Elder Siripan and I whitewashed the area. That was fun :). Oh and Elder Larson in my group is now a Zone Leader in Chiang Mai. That's crazy. We have one investigator who is getting baptized on the 26th of this month.

Friday: We taught 5 lessons. That was a fun day. I really like it here and Elder Siripan is a great companion and a hard worker. This is his 4th transfer in Sisaket but his 1st in a new area. So who knows how long he could be here for. It was a full day of teaching and visiting people. The members here are great and a brother just got a mission call to Australia. There are already 2 out in Thailand from SIsaket. This branch is doing very well.

Saturday: Got the interview done for Deang (going to be baptized on the 26th). Passed with no problems. It is pretty nice to practically have a free baptism. We haven't had to do any teaching. The Zone Leaders did all that for us. :) The Zone leader area is now in Ubon. Another investigator of 9 years got interviewed for the 4th time. He is waiting First Presidency approval to be baptised. He is 69 years old and had killed someone when he was 23. It has taken a long time. We are starting the process again and really hoping we get an answer this time on if he can get baptised. He is very tired of all the waiting.

Sunday: The branch has about 80 people who go regularly. We also had 4 investigators at church from the 2 areas here in SIsaket. We taught another 4 or so lessons and found some new people to begin teaching. The other Elders here are Elder Brix, who used to be Elder Siripan's companion, and Elder Cotrell, who came from Ayutaya. It is a fun house. :)

Well that is all for this week. I love you all!

Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment