Monday, August 22, 2011

Week #68


Dear All,

So I am not going to lie. The mission has really just flown by here in Thailand. I had been doing some reflecting and thinking back and it kind of just hit me how fast it has gone.

Monday: We had a pretty normal Preparation Day around here. I was sick all day, so sleeping was the highest on my list. It was pretty great. I was feeling better in the evening so we went out and taught a couple of lessons. Our investigators are doing pretty well.

Tuesday: Turned out to be a pretty good day. Elder Todd and I had a lot of time to go out and do some proselyting work. Although, thanks to this new training, I also have a different schedule to follow. From 8am to 1030am we do our regular personal, companion, and language study. Then later in the day at 330pm to 5pm we do specialized training (from me) for an hour and then have another hour of language study. But this is only for 4 out of the 7 days of the week. Needless to say, it leaves us with less time. We taught a couple of lessons from street contacting and got a new investigator. The English class was fun.

Wednesday: We had a better day. I am stilling recovering. No fever but a sore throat kicked itself in. Oh well. Just sucking on cough drops to keep it slightly numbed helps a lot. We taught 3 lessons in the afternoon. One to our family that will be getting baptised on Saturday. The other 2 were for our other 2 groups of people soon to be baptised. It was a pretty good day.

Thursday: We had an alright day. We spent the morning doing our weekly planning session. Had quite a bit to update in the area book. Being sick did not help with my effectiveness at night. Fell a little behind. We taught a couple lessons during the day.

Friday: Another day with a couple of lessons. It also happened to be Mother's Day here. It was very quiet around the city. I imagine every one went out of town to go visit their mothers. There was an activity that we attended at the church with the members. It was pretty cool.

Saturday: We taught a lesson during the day. Then it came time for the big day. Our family of 3 was baptised. It was a small program but it was really good. I was the one to baptise all 3 of them. I wish that a member would have but I am grateful for the opportunity. 2 of our other people being baptised passed their interviews with the Zone Leaders. Excellent.

Sunday: It was a pretty good day. We had 6 investigators attend church. The family of 3 was confirmed as members of the church. I spent a good part of the afternoon meeting with the Branch President with paperwork and helping the youth practice singing for District conference in Khon Kean. That was a lot of fun. I am like the only one in the branch who can kind of play the piano. So I am always on call. Oh well. We then spent an hour and a half in the car to go to another district of Roi-Et to teach a lesson. And then we spent another hour and a half going back. Pretty fun.

So we had a pretty good week. I was pleased with the results.

Love you all!
Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment