Sunday, June 20, 2010

Onto moves number 2!!

Hey one and all!

What can I say. Thailand is way awesome! Well, I did not move. I am still in Saphaan Soong. But I have a new companion! Elder Wilson moved up to Chaing Mai by the way and is now a Zone Leader over all of the city. There are 4 areas and like 12 missionaries. It is so cool. He is such an awesome guy! Well my new companion is... Elder Elwood from Delano, MN!!!! Crazy I know!! He is way cool and a very diligent missionary. These next couple of moves are going to be way awesome. He has lived in Minnesota all his life, and in the same house. Consider how much I have moved around the US, I think it's kinda weird. I guess I am just used to moving around.

Well, I am not sure what to write about this week. Sunday had a lower attendance this week than usual. Only 52 from the usual 65 to 70. Plus we only had 2 investigators at church. Kinda of a disappointing day. This last week has been pretty crazy too. Moves was first going to be on Friday and then it got switched to Thursday at the last minute. All thanks to a canceled flight at LAX. The flight got rescheduled, but the new missionaries arrived Thursday morning, with the moves meeting that afternoon. They just got thrown right into the work. I feel kinda bad for them. We got to spend the first night in President Smith's house. I can't imagine how tired they were. That's the life of a missionary. Always tired.

So this week, we had some pretty good lessons. We have a few investigators that are progressing really well. We are very excited for them. The only thing hindering a lot of our investigators, is going to church on Sunday. They say they will go, but don't. It's very frustrating and hard. But we keep inviting and stressing the importance. We also have a ton of time on Sunday's to find more potentials. All of our appointments usually get dropped and we are left with a lot of walking. And it is very hot out. But, I am getting used to the heat more. And I have to say, I have gotten pretty tan. We get a lot of sun. And a lot of rain. Although, apparently, northern Thailand is in a drought. I didn't know that was possible in a country like this.

This last moves, President Smith gave us a scripture that can help combat the phrase, "Every religion teaches us to be good." It is in Moroni 7:16. The Spirit of Christ is given to us to judge good from evil. We have to use that knowledge and find out for ourselves, not just go with the flow of society. I thought that was a really good point. We do hear it a ton around here.

Well, that is all I have for this week. I am loving it here in Thailand! I love and miss you all!!

Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment