Sunday, June 27, 2010

Week...I have lost count...

Hey Everyone!

Wow, we had a pretty crazy week I guess you can say. Put that is pretty normal around here. So this last Monday, we just relaxed at the house and cleaned some. We taught a couple of lessons and had time to do some inviting as well. I am slowly getting better at speaking and having others understand me. Mainly it is just a confidence issue.

Then Tuesday was a good day. Those days are great because we get to teach English, which is an awesome break. It is so much fun! And plus we get some very good investigators from the class as well. Although we didn't teach any lessons. We had a lot of time for inviting. Plus on Tuesday we created our vision as a District this moves. That was great and an excellent way to show our faith to the Lord. Elder Elwood is the District Leader and is doing an excellent job. He is very diligent.

Well, Wednesday was probably our most excellent day this week. We got 11 new potentials and taught 4 lessons. Plus I also did a whole invite by myself! I sat down next to the guy, introduced myself, talked with him about families, got his address and phone number, and set up a return appointment for on Sunday. It was awesome!!! I felt so good after wards. Elder Elwood said I did a good job. I will talk more about that family on Sundays paragraph.

So then Thursday. We had a lot of inviting time that day too. Then we long planned for the week. It went well and then later in the day, we taught 2 lessons. We have on investigator, Ohn that came from our English class. He is about 23 or 24 years old and way smart. He is way interested in the gospel and in learning. That was about all that happened on that day.

Friday was an awesome day. I went to Sinakerin to do switch offs with Elder Narin, a Thai elder. It was way fun. I found out I can speak more Thai than I thought! All day just ended up being inviting time. All of the appointments got dropped on us. But it was way good. I also tried Thai ice cream for the first time. I have to say, it is pretty delicious. Put some sticky rice with it and it is quite good.

Saturday was another cool day. Elder Elwood got to interview 5 of the Zone Leaders investigators for baptism. It was a whole family! And they will be baptized this next Sunday!! It is so cool to see how the gospel changes peoples and families lives for the better. We also found out from the ZL's that the mission as a whole had 350 new investigators for the week! Not counting Sunday. That is a record breaker right there. The Lord is truly pouring out His Spirit here in Thailand.

So Sunday, we had 8 investigators at church. A family came and several other people! It was so great! And then we got to go teach that family that I invited! They are way awesome, although we will probably give them to the Sister's because it is the husband and then all girls. We feel it would be better for the Sister's to teach that family. But needless to say, it was a great day.

Well that is all I have for this week!! Thailand is an awesome place and the people are so ready. I love you all!!

Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment