Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Well I moved!

Hey everyone.

So to start out the email I guess I should let you all know that I moved areas! Now this move was not a 1 hour long taxi ride. It was an all day bus ride to the northeast of the country!! That is right. I am in the Isan! It is way cool up here! So needless to say I got a new companion. He is Elder Peacock from Orem, UT. He is pretty cool and I am sure we will get along just fine up here. The area I am in is สกลนคร or Sakon Nakon. You will have to look it up on the map, but it is very close to Loas. The people up here speak a little different dialect of Thai, but I should be able to get a hold of it soon enough. So I guess I can explain about the past week.

Tuesday: Pretty much waiting for the call if I would move from สะพานสูง (Saphaan Sung) or not. We got a lot of work done and Sure enough the call came. We then went and taught English. Well, I love teaching English. It is so much fun!

Wednesday: It was a last day of work and a little bit of packing. Actually a lot of packing. But thankfully it did not take too much time out of our schedule. I really can't remember all that happened. A lot has gone on the past few days.

Thursday: We went to moves meeting in the morning and thats where I found out where I was moving. I got to see Elder Nelson from my group and I got to see Elder Larson as well. That was way cool. Both are doing pretty awesome. Plus there is now a Thai AP! That has not happened for colse to 10 years now. So at about 11pm, we got on a bus and arrived at อุดร (Udon) to stay the night before traveling again the next morning. That's when I got to see Elder Anderson from my group. I was pretty happy. So we stayed the night there before moving on the next morning.

Friday: Left the house at like 540 to catch the 600 bus to สกลนคร. That was another 3 or so hours on a bus. Needless to say, when Elder Peacock and I got home, we were pretty tired. But I am excited to be here and serve. We had a long planning session and went out and worked.

Saturday: Well this was a good day. Taught a couple of lessons and did a lot of inviting. Up here in the Isan is a lot different than being in Bangkok. There are a lot less people. But the results don't really change. It is just here you really do talk with everyone. I also got hit on by a very drunk guy. You need to understand, here when poeple are drunk they start speaking in English, or as much as they know. It was a very awkward experience needless to say.

Sunday: Well, my first Sunday here. There are about 30 people in the branch that are active. A lot smaller than in Saphaan Sung. The members are great, plus we had like 10 investigators at church. That was pretty awesome. The members love it. There was a time for about 18 weeks where there were no investigators coming to church, but that was a while ago. I am very happy I am here.

Well that is all I have for this week!

Love,
Elder Ackerman
เอ็ลเดอร์ แอ็คเคอร์มัน

No comments:

Post a Comment