Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week #77

Dear Everyone,

So this was a pretty down week. I was down and out for a couple of days due to getting sick. Ugh.

Monday: The week started out okay. We had a good preparation day. It was very relaxing. We went and got pizza for lunch at his legit Italian restaurant. Pretty stinking good I'd say. They had the best garlic bread I have had in a long time! So got home and had good relax time. We went out to Nong Jig and taught a couple of lessons. They turned out okay, but they could have been better.

Tuesday: During the morning at around 12pm, I had a slight fever hit me. It was not too bad, so we decided to continue on and I was not going to give in and stop working for the day. I was going to finish out the day, whether or not. It got way bad before English and I sat the class out with a high fever and the chills. I layed on the ground for a little while and I think I knocked out. Then Sister Itow felt my head and got Elder Todd and told us to go home, to which I did not argue. Turned out to be the worst night of sleep ever. Oh well. We did teach one lesson before English.

Wednesday: The sleep I finally did get was during studies when my headache went away for a little bit. That was nice. I was so tired through the day and had some stomach issues as well. We taught one lesson in the evening, but that was it for the day. I did sleep a little better. but waking up in the middle of the night with diarrhea is annoying.

Thursday: We got up nice and early in the morning to get on a 2 hour bus ride up to Khon Kean for some training. The meeting turned out to be really good. It was on how to begin teaching and we learned/reviewed (in my case) what it should be like. It was fun and we got to practice a lot. We went to lunch at Sizzlers afterwards and that was fantastically amazing. I had not yet had it here in Thailand, but Sister Itow commited me to eat it. So I did. So worth it. A little on the expensive size for a missionary, but whatever. Traveled back to Roi Et with Elder Hardy for an exchange. Managed to teach one lesson for the evening.

Friday: We spent the morning studying and Elder Hardy trained me on some stuff, mainly on being a better District Leader. It was good and I learned some good pointers. We sat down with a brother who had been a member for about 20 years here in RoiEt and we had a list of all men who were 18 and older. We found out who was in which area and now I have a list of people to find and baptise their families. We taught a lesson in the evening out in Nong Jig. Lots of fun.

Saturday: We exchanged back in the morning with Elder McDonald and Elder Todd. Then we spent the rest of the day planning for the next week. We had not any time to plan the whole week. It went a little long, but it was good. We taught a lesson or two before heading back to the house.

Sunday: We had a pretty good Sunday. We taught a good lesson after church to a couple of our daters. We also taught a lesson off of a find to a soldier. That was an okay lesson. He did not accept a return lesson with us. Oh well. Agency is a good thing. A gift from God.

That is all for this week.

Love,
Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment