Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week #85



Dear All,

So this was a fun week I have to say. I did write the last email on Tuesday, so I will start from Wednesday and share my week.

Umm, Elder Chamberlain and I finally went to the Rangsit house. It actually took a little to get in. The front door was wood and had expanded from the water and was stuck in place. We had to break into the house form the second story to get in and kick the stuck door open. That was a lot of fun. The house had two cabinets that were on the first floor that got destroyed. It looked like they melted. They were made out of the cheap plywood, and they do not do very well in water. Everything the cabinets was destroyed. A lot of books are gone and such. We spent the time cleaning, well more like scooping up junk and putting it in a pile in the courtyard. We couldn't clean or scrub because the water to the house was not flowing. That was going to have to wait until Saturday.

So then Thursday morning came. We all went down the Pakkret for the transfers meeting. I was announced as the new Zone Leader and later I was announced that I would be going to Bang Bua Tong with Elder Warner. Elder Warner is only one transfer behind me. We spent the day long planning and getting to know investigators.

On Friday we had service set up and that all went well. More cleaning of houses. Oh and Bang Bua Tong is in the same district as Rangsit. I just moved a little bit over. That was nice. I did also finally get all of my stuff to my area. In Ayutaya I was living off of about 4 pairs of clothing and my toiletries for 4 weeks. Elder Warner and I have gotten back into teaching a little. We have some great families that we are teaching and they are doing well. They are both Cambodian families who moved to Thailand and can only speak a little Thai and no English. They are really good and really taken to reading in the Book of Mormon and going to church. It is pretty awesome. We have another investigator who has suffered from polio and undergoing surgeries and is confined to a wheelchair. She doing well and loves coming to church.

So I can tell you a little more about Bang Bua Tong. Some parts of it are still flooded and returning to normal. The Branch Presidents house is still underwater and he is currently living at the church. We live in an apartment that is really small, but comfortable. An A&W is right across the apartment. It is a really big area. The branch has 50 so attending, but 15 of that was investigators. There are 4 active priesthood holders and 4 missionaries. A pretty small branch I would say. Umm, that is all I have to report on this week. I love you all!

Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment