Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 2

Wow!! Time sure has flown since last week! Learning Thai has been awesome and all my district members are so cool. We all get along really well. Thai is getting a little easier. This week we are learning script! It is so cool and fun.

I see Elder Sutherland everyday usually and sometimes Elder Neilson. I am surprised at how cold it is still here. The weather has been really weird this week. Like on the days that we go to the temple, the sun shines, and days we don't, it is cloudy and snowing. It is kinda crazy. My time here has been a lot of fun. Our zone has got to be the coolest ever. Our zone leaders are great to be around, although they leave next week which will be really sad.

Well, I can pray in Thai, bear my testimony, and do other phrases. For some reason it is not so hard to learn it. I can't believe it has been a week and a half and I have learned so much!

I love going to the firesides here! The speakers that they have are so amazing! Hopefully tonight we will get an apostle or something! That would be cool.

Oh yeah, Elder Anderson has a 1950 Chevy 3100 Half-ton that has been in there family since it was bought. He is now the one in charge of restoring it. I have seen a picture or two and it looks like it will be a fun project. Although after our mission, he wants me to spend a week or two and help him with body work since I spent a couple months doing that with the Camaro :)

So this week we also made a drink to name after one of our awesome zone leaders, Elder Francom. It is a mix of coke, blue powerade, and sprite. It turns this awesome green color! Plus one of our other ZL's has a name of Elder Moses! How cool is that!

Well I can't think of anything else to share. Maybe I'll have more next week to report on. I love you all and I hope you keep me in your prayers! -Elder Ackerman-

No comments:

Post a Comment