Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week. . . I don't know. . .

Wow! What to say this week that hasn't already been talked about! Thai is still pretty awesome. It is SOOO nice not having to conjugate verbs! The language is so much fun though! My teachers are still amazing.

Well, three of the elders in our district, me, Elder Nelson, and Elder Anderson, got up at 3:30am to see off yet another set of missionaries! This will be the last time we'll do it though. We just get so attached to the elders, its so hard not to get up and see them off. Two of the elders were from Canada and one was from Utah. They are all serving in the Toronto Canada mission. Elder Ferland (one of the Canadians) is a professional violinist!! He is so amazing! He played at the last sunday devotional and he arranged the song himself. It was "I Know My Redeemer Lives." It almost brought tears to my eyes, it was so beautiful. It is so amazing that he is going to give 2 years to the Lord with that amount of talent. He is 25, the oldest allowed to go on a mission. He is so smart and so fun to get a long with. All the elders we meet are such awesome guys. We have had some sisters in our branch and they are really cool, but they left this morning.

On Wednesday we are getting 3 more elders and 4 more sisters. And since I have became a zone leader, I get to orient them on the MTC. Well, this morning I got to see Elder Sutherland get on the bus to the airport. His visa finally went through, so he is headed off to Brazil. It is way exciting! I can't wait for the 8 more weeks we have until we leave for Thailand. Oh and I met an Elder Politis from Sandy, UT who says he knows Caleb Bills and one of the sisters who left today (Sister Nelson) was from Sugar Land, TX and knew who the Harris's were! It is such a small world that we live in. It was way cool to find that out.

Oh and I have had the opportunity to bear my testimony in Thai to several people. It is short, but I will be learning more to say. Well, the district is getting along really well. We have a lot of fun together. In the next couple of weeks, I will send home a memory card with lots of pictures. Elder Anderson and I get along really well. He is a die-hard Chevy fan. It's so much fun to talk cars with him. Finally!, someone who understands me!

Ugh, I can't think of anything else to write on. When I get to Thailand, these letters will get longer for sure. I love and miss you all!! Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment