Monday, May 31, 2010

Another week gone by. . .

Hi Everyone!

So wow. I definitely don't have a ton to write about this time. All I can say is that we have been busy. We have quite a few investigators, and still have time to find people. And our finding has been going a lot better this past week than before. We feel it is so because of all the protesting that has been going on has left a lot of people asking questions. The Thai people are becoming more open to the Gospel. Thailand is still way awesome. I still can't believe that a whole month has already gone by. I am loving being here. This last Friday, we had switch offs with the Zone Leaders again. What can I say, they are awesome! I went with Elder Hunt and we stayed here in my area. We had on amazing experience. We had about 10 minutes before our last appointment for the day and we had one more Book of Mormon that we wanted to give away. So we said a prayer together asking the Lord to help us with these 10 minutes to find someone who is prepared to receive the Gospel. 2 Minutes later, we found a couple that invited us into their apartment and for about 7 minutes we talked about eternal families and about the Book of Mormon. The wife got way excited about the eternal families. We are going to see them tonight. It was such an awesome experience! My faith in pray and my testimony have grown because of that. I can't wait to have more experiences like that.

It is unfortunate sometimes though. A lot of Thai people are of the opinion that every religion teaches people to be good. While that is true, not every church has the truth. It is very hard to teach someone who agrees with all religions. Most the time we end up not teaching those people at all. They are just to hard-hearted and closed to the Gospel. Hopefully in a future day, they will be open to the gospel.

This last Sunday, we had a baptism!! Although it was one of the Sister's investigators. But it was still way cool. Although, we only had one investigator attend church and that same guy stayed for the baptism. It was a way cool experience. The branch here loves it when some one gets baptized. We just need to baptize a bunch more to turn this branch into a ward. That's what we are hoping for!

Well that's all I have to talk about for this week. Sorry that don't have anymore. I am having a great time here! I miss and love you all!

Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment