Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thailand!!

Hey everyone!
So it has been pretty crazy here. I don't even know where to start!! Well, this last Friday, Elder Wilson and I did switch offs with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder Day in his area, and Elder Hunt came to Saphaan Soong. It was way fun and hard work. I still can't say much in the lessons, but it is better than when I first got here.

Although we have had a couple days were we don't end up teaching anyone. Sunday was like that. It was way hard. It is frustrating when people don't realize the importance of our message. So we have a great example that we use to teach the investigators about the importance of keeping commitments. We compare it to the "taang duawn" or the freeway. Keeping the commitments, keeps you on the freeway, and the freeway leads to happiness. It's way awesome! It seems to work pretty well.
We have a lot of investigators we are teaching and it gets hard to keep track of them all. Thank goodness for the area book!

So, the political situation here in Thailand is pretty crazy. It is been pretty contained in the center of the city. We don't feel any of it out here. But it is talked about a little. The Sky train and the subway have been shut down, and ton's of stores as well. It is just crazy. There are grenades that go off and lots of burning cars. It just keeps getting worse. So we are even wondering if Elder Oaks is still going to come to Thailand next week or not. I hope he still does. It would be great to have an apostle here and be able to listen to him speak. But, this next Sunday, there is a special stake conference that Elder Hallstrom of the Seventy is speaking at. That should turn out to be way good.

OH! And I also saw a 1973 Mustang for sale here for 687,000 Baht ($22,500). It looked way sweet :) It was even left hand drive and a 5 speed! Elder Wilson and I thought we would buy it and turn it into a mission car :) So here in Thailand, you eat with a spoon in your right hand and a fork in the left. Use the fork to shovel the food onto the spoon. It is way effective. Makes eating rice an easy task. Sorry, I am kinda going all over the place.

Well, the work goes on and there is nothing that can stop it from progressing. The members here are way awesome. That's about all that I have to report on this week. It is so hard to remember all that I want to say! I love you all!!! I have a feeling these 2 years are going to just speed right by! Talk to you all next week!!
Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment