Monday, May 3, 2010

First Prep Day in Thailand

Hey Everyone!!!

Wow, I still can't believe I am in Thailand on the other side of the world! It is so crazy! All I can say is that 14 plus hour flight was a real drain! It was so long and we followed the night the whole way to Taipei. We didn't see the sun once the whole way there. Needless to say, the first night at the Mission home, I hit the pillow and was out! And that first night seemed to just fly by! It was so crazy walking outside the airport. You just hit a wall of heat and start sweating immediately. Crazy hot. Today has been fine though. It has been raining a lot though this morning. It has been the rainy season for a few weeks now and will last until October I think...oh well. I will need to buy an umbrella :)

This first Sunday was cool. I got to meet all the members of the branch and since it was fast and testimony meeting, I bore my testimony. In the branch, all new missionaries to the branch bear their testimony. It was way fun and a little scary. The members are all so nice and it is a great comfort to know the church is the same no matter where you travel.

We have done a ton of biking and I am surprised that my legs are not at all sore. My shoulders on the other hand are. Carrying a bag every where with scriptures and pass along cards gets really heavy after a long time. But I really shouldn't be complaining. I am going about doing the Lord's work among the Thai people. My trainer is cool. His name is Elder Wilson and he is from Alberta, Canada. He does a great job keeping us motivated even thought the day may be hard and when we can't find anyone to invite. And we have had a couple of those days. It is okay though, our work is not in vain :) And everyone here talks way fast! I am having a really hard time trying to understand them, but with time I know that I will be able to.

Oh, and next P-day I won't be emailing because of Mother's Day. Wow, I don't know what else to talk about. All I can say is that I love Thailand even though it is super hot and humid. It is a very cool place to be :) And I would not choose to be anywhere else. The food is so amazing and the fruit is to die for!!! I tried Mangosteen for the first time as well. Very good! Unfortunately, I just missed mango season. Oh and just use the address on the blog for me in Thailand. They send out the mail from the mission office to all the missionaries. I love and miss you all!!!

Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment